Below are 40 common English mistakes that beginners make. Correct the errors in each sentence and then see the answers and explanations below.
For more error correction exercises, see:
Exercise 2A (intermediate)
Exercise 2B (intermediate)
Exercise 2C (intermediate)
Exercise 3A (advanced)
Common Mistakes in Emails
Common Mistakes in Emails 2
Error Correction for Spanish Speakers
Correct the Mistakes
1. Do you like it? No, I don’t like.
2. On Sunday, I always go to the church.
3. On Saturdays, I always go to movies.
4. I love listening music.
5. I born in 1962.
6. I could to go to the store tomorrow.
7. The last year I didn’t know much English.
8. Are you agree with me?
9. I’m afraid to the dark.
10. Always, I study before I go to bed.
11. I can’t eating when it’s late at night because I get sick.
12. I’m not very good for cooking.
13. After class, I always go to home.
14. My uncle John is funner than my uncle Mike.
15. These pants are more cheaper than the other ones.
16. Probably he likes soccer.
17. I love that movie because is funny.
18. I’m thinking of to go home because I’m tired.
19. I’m a doctor. So do I.
20. I go every day to school.
21. Do you have a dog? Yes, I have.
22. Do you like to go to the movies tomorrow night?
23. What are you doing? Right now I cook dinner.
24. I don’t dance good.
25. Where did you went yesterday?
26. When did you born?
27. What did you do yesterday? I did go to the mall.
28. There is much noise here.
29. How much restaurants are in your neighborhood?
30. Is very windy today.
31. I love Brazil because it’s too beautiful.
32. What you can do in New York City?
33. I have a daughter. I am too.
34. I’m glad we’re practicing grammar because I do a lot of mistakes.
35. Before make a presentation, you should practice a lot.
36. Things went really good today at work.
37. My mother always told me a bedtime history when I was a kid.
38. There isn’t a lot of cars on the road today.
39. Class today was really bored.
40. I don’t have no money.